How good of a test was the GS-F? - Lexus LC500 Forum
View Poll Results: How good of a test was the GS-F?
Good enough 0 0%
GREAT 0 0%
...needs improvement 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Ace

How good of a test was the GS-F?

If we look at the typical Lexus GS production time line, its easy to see that the current generation GS has a couple years left. Not long ago they brought out a GS-F model, the brands second F Model. Its said to be positioned against the M5 and E-Class AMG 63 but even the numbers on paper don't show that, nor does its performance. BUT....the way I see it, Lexus wanted to test the market before going hard on the 5th Generation Lexus GS.

This being Lexus' first time in the mid-size performance sedan segment, was it a good attempt?

Last edited by Ace; 05-30-2017 at 04:54 PM.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 11:43 AM

I've actually been reading that Lexus is thinking of discontinuing the GS and will in turn bring around a larger ES to take it's place.

I've personally always loved the GS and the GS-F was amazing. Now, against it's competitors, fine if it didn't fair well on paper. But that doesn't make it any less of a product at the end of the day. Never got around to test driving one but just sitting inside of one and it just hits a beautiful balance of sport and premium feel. Gorgeous vehicles.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFresh View Post
I've actually been reading that Lexus is thinking of discontinuing the GS and will in turn bring around a larger ES to take it's place.

I've personally always loved the GS and the GS-F was amazing. Now, against it's competitors, fine if it didn't fair well on paper. But that doesn't make it any less of a product at the end of the day. Never got around to test driving one but just sitting inside of one and it just hits a beautiful balance of sport and premium feel. Gorgeous vehicles.
Actually, I read about the same thing and it turns out that idea is still on the table, no confirmation of what they will do. The idea sounds great to me, it did Acura some good. But its better if they chop the ES and expand the GS line up to pick up where the ES left off.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 03:48 PM

That's what I would prefer. Keep the GS and get rid of the ES. I still do like the LS so that can stay as well haha.

What did Acura chop and do the same thing with though? Which vehicle specifically are you talking about?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 05:03 PM

LOL. ES isn't going anywhere. Also doubt any significant changes to it, as it is by far Lexus highest volume car.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page