LC 500's incredible exhaust note - Lexus LC500 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

LC 500's incredible exhaust note

In one of their latest ads for the LC, Lexus is demonstrating the impressive symphony of the car. Shot at the Cabot Circus multi-storey car park in Bristol, the clip previews the cars exceptional sound. For those who don't know the LC 500 is fitted with a sound generator in the air intake and extra valves in the front of the main exhaust silencer open with every use of the throttle.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 09:23 PM
Ace

Not good enough especially after being familiar with the following headers-back setup that really gives these 2UR engines an exotic note unlike anything else. At high RPM's is where they really open up and no longer sound like a mundane Lexus...

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 02:11 PM

The LFA is still king, but I think for its price the LC is one of the best sounding cars currently on the market. Even if Lexus wanted to provide a louder exhaust from factory, I'm sure there are plenty of regulations for emissions and noise levels that are restricting them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 05:13 PM
Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonte View Post
The LFA is still king, but I think for its price the LC is one of the best sounding cars currently on the market. Even if Lexus wanted to provide a louder exhaust from factory, I'm sure there are plenty of regulations for emissions and noise levels that are restricting them.
problem is it would distort their product offerings if they made the LFA's sound more mainstream so instead they have to stay within the realm of what's normal for certain segments.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Not every owner is going to be interested in having an obnoxiously loud exhaust. When you go with a performance aftermarket system like that, odds are that its going to have an incredible amount of drone at freeway speeds. I prefer the refinement of the factory setup, but maybe that's just me.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 01:00 PM
Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klayton View Post
Not every owner is going to be interested in having an obnoxiously loud exhaust. When you go with a performance aftermarket system like that, odds are that its going to have an incredible amount of drone at freeway speeds. I prefer the refinement of the factory setup, but maybe that's just me.
sometimes it depends on the configuration because you can have an exotic sounding setup without being loud, silencers are an easy way around it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page