Takumi Explains the Interior - Lexus LC500 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Takumi Explains the Interior

The LC will be built at the Motomachi plant, the same factory where we produced the LFA and some of the Takumi who worked on that model are now working exclusively on the new coupe, said Lexus Takumi Koji Sato.

Here's a short little write-up with some words from Takumi Koji Sato explaining the LC interior. A nice quick read with some great pictures !
Lexus ?Takumi? explains the design of the 2018 LC?s interior
-via Motor Authority

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 06:12 PM

Good to hear that we won't be seeing any of that cheap plastic in the LC500. Not a fan of the hard plastics used in some cars in place of soft plastic or upholstery.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Definitely. It looks like premium materials are being used everywhere in the car, and I expected nothing less than that. Looks as good as it does inside, as it does outside which is ideal. I don't really think there's anything I would change in there ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 02:35 PM
Ace

As nice as the stock interior is I want to see what will be done in the LC-F and even on an aftermarket level like what Brabus is able to do although i'm not sure what brands out there will take the LC to that level.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 12:47 PM

I always did wonder why there were holes in the LC500's cabin and now I've just realized they're panic handles for your passenger. They're usually found above the doors and I didn't realize they've been relocated.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 08:37 PM
Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexor View Post
I always did wonder why there were holes in the LC500's cabin and now I've just realized they're panic handles for your passenger. They're usually found above the doors and I didn't realize they've been relocated.

They probably figured it suits the cars character because if you were to look at other cars like the F-Type you will see it has something similar going on. Of all features to make a car feel and look sportier on the inside, its the cheapest and simplest thing they can do.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page