Brake Noise - Lexus LC500 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Brake Noise

Anyone know who makes the brakes on the LC 500. Mine are pretty noisy. Brembo brakes are notorious for noise. Ive read Porsche take on noisy brakes-basically live with it!

Another issue Ive noticed is that the parking sensors are slow to react.

RWS
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 12:21 PM

Not sure what we can do about slow parking sensors, that'll require an update from Lexus and god knows when that'll happen.
Thing with the squeaking brakes is, there's bound to be a bit of that when it comes to performance brakes and Porsche even released a whole video explaining why the brakes squeal. It just pains us because of how much the LC500 costs and we're expecting as close to perfection as possible. Some say a proper bedding process could reduce the brake noise.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 12:14 PM

Performance brakes are usually pretty noisy yeah, and I think they are manufactured in house for the LC. Found a pic of their specifics if your still interested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 11:29 AM

Not much you can do about the brakes even if you try switching to Brembo, at least everything else the LC500 comes up with more than makes up for the noise and the exceptional sound system should be enough to drown it out.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klayton View Post
Performance brakes are usually pretty noisy yeah, and I think they are manufactured in house for the LC. Found a pic of their specifics if your still interested.
Not sure where you got that pic from, but those sizes are WAY wrong. From Lexus.com...

BRAKES
Six-piston monoblock aluminum calipers with 15.7in/400mm two-piece ventilated discs (front). Four-piston monoblock aluminum calipers with 14.1in/358mm two-piece ventilated discs (rear).
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 11:53 AM

Lol I got them from Lexusenthusiast.com, but I'm just now realizing that the site is more than two years old. Thanks for providing the proper specs.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 06:51 PM

Hi. I have an LC 500 and love it except the squeaky, squealing brakes. I brought Into the Lexus dealership when I couldn’t take it anymore. While it was not a recall, a bulletin went out to Lexus dealerships about the brakes on the LC 500 in April 2018. My brake pads were replaced this past Friday/Saturday and I was able to drive it home quietly (as far as the brakes go) just the way of $100,000 car should sound when stopping or slowing down.
This was a warranty repair and cost me nothing. I’ve been told that high performance brakes make noise but I’m not on a racing circuit and I’d rather have them be quiet.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-25-2021, 03:17 PM

I bought my car probably in 2017 and I don't have such a problem with Brake Noise. Of course, I'm not sure what this is related to.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page