Brake Noise Technical Bulletins - Lexus LC500 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Brake Noise Technical Bulletins

Has anyone replaced their brakes based in accordance with the technical bulletin? I was told by the service supervisor because of the performance semi metallic brakes is why my brakes were very squeaky. The warranty fix was the replace the pads with organic pans. If so has anyone notice a difference in braking performance?
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 09:43 PM

I just picked up my 18 LC, maybe they did the warranty already as my brakes are quiet and stop the car quite nicely..
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 10:22 AM

I would imagine this work has already been done for anyone who has recently taken delivery. Did you decide not to get it done? Don't know if I could live with squeaky brakes on my Lexus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 07:16 PM

Hey:
I have an 18 LC 500, purchased in 10/2018. Brakes squeaking drove me crazy. 100k car sounds like piece of sh*t stopping.
Looked up stuff online, eventually brought to Lexus Latham NY. They found bulletin and replaced my brakes for free 12/2018. Brakes are nice and quiet. No issues with performance. Contact me if need more information. Take care. Happy Driving!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 09:37 PM

My lc500h 2018 has 12k miles and also makes a high pitched squeeling noise when braking to a slow stop. I took the car to Lexus today and was told by the service manager that ALL LC's make that noise and nothing can be done except replacing the brakes to an alternative brake. Has anyone changed their brake pads to this alternative pad? If so, has there been any change in handling?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 10:26 PM

Our ‘19 has never made a sound. Our track Lotus with full metallic race pads can get really loud at low speeds, but not always.

Have any of you guys with noisy brakes done a bed in procedure to see if it made a difference?

And no doubt, any brake noise at all is fully unacceptable on this car.

1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special 3841R
2005 Lotus Elise, supercharged, full track
2011 Lotus Evora S Racing Heritage #3 of 4
2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed. Best car on the road.
2015 Toyota Tundra TRD PRO (our third Tundra tow vehicle)
2015 Honda Civic Si, great little daily
2019 Lexus LC 500, 2019 McLaren 570S Oh my!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Xhilr8n!; 03-16-2019 at 10:32 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 08:58 PM

so the dealer just replaced my pads with the alternative, the originals are brembo, they were squeaky when stoping , however the alternative are not high performance pads, not sure its acceptable that the dealer switched the pads without asking if the alternative (not Brembo) was an acceptable change, i will say the noise is gone , and much much less break dust, but not the same stoping power as the originals
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:46 PM
Ace

@dynomitep if you or anyone is up for it, I would suggest trying the brake pad set from TOM's Racing. Being such a well respected brand I wouldn't hesitate.

TOM'S Brake Pad Performer (Rear) $330.00
Well-balanced and improved performance over OEM genuine brake pads while suppressing brake dust and noise
Brake Rotor Temperature Rating: ~600C

TOM'S Brake Pad Performer (Front) $415.00
Well-balanced and improved performance over OEM genuine brake pads while suppressing brake dust and noise
Brake Rotor Temperature Rating: ~600C

https://apexi-usa.com/tom-s-racing-r...or-lexus-lc500
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 12:54 AM

Racing brake pads often sequel and have more dust. Because superior stopping performance is the ONLY thing that matters.

Street pads are usually a middle ground of being very quiet, longer lasting and reasonably affordable .. but often without much regard for brake dust.

Lexus seems to have gambled on using racing pads as factory standard, but obviously that did not go well for too many drivers.

From what I have heard, the Lexus replacement pads took care of the noise, but did not perform as well. The best pads out seem to be TOMs Racing Performa Brake Pads.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 11:03 AM

Sitting here @ the dealer getting mine replaced as we speak. Bottom line racing pads installed from the factory have no place on this car, it's not a race car. The endless squeal and massive brake dust is nuts and should not be expected. Should they make a LC-F, I could see the need.

They will replace your pads for free, just ask.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page