Lexus LC vs _______ ? - Lexus LC500 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Ace

Lexus LC vs _______ ?

As you can tell from the title, this thread's purpose is to discuss what the entire LC range is up against. As I write this post, the only LC models available are the LC500 and LC500h. In the future we'll likely see an LC500 F-Sport and an LC-F.

LC is in a unique position and there are few models that compete directly with it, the Maserati GranTurismo and upcoming BMW 8-Series are most direct and what i'll be comparing.

What else could the LC in its current state be compared to?
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Ace

BMW 8-Series aside, because its out already and we all know where it stands, a next generation Mercedes SL is stepping up the fight with AMG taking control over development (from what I read recently). If current AMG products are to reflect what will come with this SL, it makes me wonder how the LC-F will stack up. If Lexus can offer AMG levels of performance at a cheaper price point and even do some things better, we could have a game changer on our hands.

Quote:
The information comes from a Thursday AutoCar report. It marks the first time AMG has overseen the SL-Class, and it means the next-generation model will have an inherently sportier and performance-oriented character. The plan to take the SL-Class into new performance realms spurred Mercedes-Benz to hand development over to AMG exclusively. Moers added the SL-Class and next AMG GT will share a platform: the Modular Sports Architecture.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 10:49 AM

For me the Aston Martin Vantage, the AM DB 11. There are comparison reviews that we have probably all seen. There are surprising lease deals available for the Vantage, right there with the lease for the LC500

Again for me the Lotus Evora 400/410. Same price, better handling, reasonable power to weight. If the 430 Sport were available in US now I might well have gone that route.

Some Corvette model, if that were one’s taste.

Jag no longer makes a true GT, but for some their F-Type would be a consideration.

Have to mention the top Mustangs. Lotsa power, surprising handling, smooth manual transmission. And everyone wants a Mustang sometime.

The lack of a manual trans is an issue for some of us. I’d love to feel an LC that way
Ace likes this.

1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special 3841R
2005 Lotus Elise, supercharged, full track
2011 Lotus Evora S Racing Heritage #3 of 4
2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed. Best car on the road.
2015 Toyota Tundra TRD PRO (our third Tundra tow vehicle)
2015 Honda Civic Si, great little daily
2019 Lexus LC 500, 2019 McLaren 570S Oh my!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhilr8n! View Post
For me the Aston Martin Vantage, the AM DB 11. There are comparison reviews that we have probably all seen. There are surprising lease deals available for the Vantage, right there with the lease for the LC500

Again for me the Lotus Evora 400/410. Same price, better handling, reasonable power to weight. If the 430 Sport were available in US now I might well have gone that route.

Some Corvette model, if that were one’s taste.

Jag no longer makes a true GT, but for some their F-Type would be a consideration.

Have to mention the top Mustangs. Lotsa power, surprising handling, smooth manual transmission. And everyone wants a Mustang sometime.

The lack of a manual trans is an issue for some of us. I’d love to feel an LC that way
The LC-F should be a game changer and feel like a different vehicle is my assumptions are right.
Also there the fact Lexus drastically added to the RC.

Fast forward years after its release and look what we have today!

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 07:41 PM

It would be close to super car status. And darn tempting.

And just when I am feeling the LC as just right.
Ace likes this.

1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special 3841R
2005 Lotus Elise, supercharged, full track
2011 Lotus Evora S Racing Heritage #3 of 4
2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed. Best car on the road.
2015 Toyota Tundra TRD PRO (our third Tundra tow vehicle)
2015 Honda Civic Si, great little daily
2019 Lexus LC 500, 2019 McLaren 570S Oh my!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhilr8n! View Post
It would be close to super car status. And darn tempting.

And just when I am feeling the LC as just right.
After the LFA left us and still makes its mark year after year, even this year, people are dying to see another. Lots of demands are on Toyota/Lexus for this to be a "more affordable LFA." My hope is what we've seen with TMG and Gazoo Racing finds its way here and not entirely exclusive to the next LFA.
Xhilr8n! likes this.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 12:37 PM

AMG GTS vs LC500

Full disclosure, I have NOT yet dropped the cash to purchase a LC but am really close. Iv'e narrowed it down to two cars that I could see myself driving as toys. I know one is a 4 seater (ya right), one is more sport oriented and that is fine with me.

My thoughts:

I love lexus cars in general, reliability is important to me... I've had a few Lexus cars and have always been satisfied.

I really like the way the LC looks but I REALLY like the look of the GTS.

There really is not much for reviews that talk about "reliabilty" of either the LC or the GTS. All of them are raving about both cars performance this performance that blah blah blah.

I live 300 miles from the nearest benz dealer and 400 miles from the nearest lexus dealer so Reliability is a priority.(I do have a toyota dealer that if approved by Lexus can service it.

Help me decide!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 01:04 PM

^^^^Lexus Reliability is Legendary. MB - Not So Much.

Lou
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguyskt View Post
AMG GTS vs LC500

Full disclosure, I have NOT yet dropped the cash to purchase a LC but am really close. Iv'e narrowed it down to two cars that I could see myself driving as toys. I know one is a 4 seater (ya right), one is more sport oriented and that is fine with me.

My thoughts:

I love lexus cars in general, reliability is important to me... I've had a few Lexus cars and have always been satisfied.

I really like the way the LC looks but I REALLY like the look of the GTS.

There really is not much for reviews that talk about "reliabilty" of either the LC or the GTS. All of them are raving about both cars performance this performance that blah blah blah.

I live 300 miles from the nearest benz dealer and 400 miles from the nearest lexus dealer so Reliability is a priority.(I do have a toyota dealer that if approved by Lexus can service it.

Help me decide!
My 2 cents. One should not expect too much support for the AMG on this forum. That said the AMG is one awesome car. However, having owned a Mercedes product in the past, I have to agree that the Mercedes is measurably less reliable and the repair costs are significantly higher than our fancy Toyota product. The aesthetics and the driving experience are highly subjective. I, personally, chose the one that my wife and I preferred in both of those categories (the LC, duh!). You mention that it is a drivable toy. I agree. Buy the toy that puts the biggest smile on your face. Forget logic, these are emotional, buy from your gut, purchases. Luckily, you've narrowed it down to two great choices.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 12:28 PM

Oh I totally get the emotional part of this. I was really stuck on the lexus and then I saw dat azz on the AMG.

But as emotional of a decision this is I also need to listen to the logical piece of my brain...it screaming buy the LEXUS BUY THE LEXUS...

So more history and thoughts. I've used a Lotus Elise sport pack car as a daily driver and weekend touring car.

so trunk space is not a concern for me AT ALL.

Priorities are : daily drive ability(get it push the button and drive), sound, looks, power, no trips to the dealer 400 miles away.

I'm 90% on board with the LC

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page