Soon to be an LC 500 owner! - Page 2 - Lexus LC500 Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 06:18 PM

If anyone wants a Lexus LC500 or LC500h let me know! I work at Lexus Santa Monica and we have the most variety of cars in California due to our high end clients out here in Santa Monica, California. I can send pictures and I can answer anyone that has a question about the car! [/B]
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 734jeant View Post
Here are promised pictures. My face hurt from smiling the entire 300 mile drive home.
I think my face is hurting from smiling so much and being happy for you! Holy moly she looks absolutely stunning. Paint protection ?!
734jeant likes this.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFresh View Post
I think my face is hurting from smiling so much and being happy for you! Holy moly she looks absolutely stunning. Paint protection ?!
Good question. I am leasing and am not sure I can add paint protection that is not installed by dealer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 734jeant View Post
Good question. I am leasing and am not sure I can add paint protection that is not installed by dealer?
On a lease, i wouldn't even bother.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 11:02 AM

I'd have to agree, if it's on a lease, I wouldn't even worry about it. Just keep it washed and fresh looking. I would only spend the money on good paint protection if I would be keeping it for a long enough time.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 05:15 AM

If you're leasing the LC500, then there's really no need for paint protection like a film. Just wash and wax should be good enough.
Though are some gorgeous pictures, or maybe because you model has no bad angles.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 01:12 PM

I don't think the LC500 has any bad angles at all. Not just his model haha. But the white will be real forgiving when it comes to spotting swirls and the likes so that's a good thing. Once proper washing etiquette is kept up, you're good to go.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 02:30 PM
Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexor View Post
If you're leasing the LC500, then there's really no need for paint protection like a film. Just wash and wax should be good enough.
Though are some gorgeous pictures, or maybe because you model has no bad angles.
You'd be surprised by how many people are still 100% dedicated to a luxury car they lease. If you're planning to own it for the next 3-4 years then why not enjoy that showroom finish? Always liked my cars looking pristine and this will be no exception.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 03:17 PM

Some people do it for the added protection against scuffs and what not as well. I've seen a lot of people with Xpel get sideswiped or something in a parking lot, and the scratches only got as far as into the paint protection film, so they were able to peel it off leaving fresh brand new untouched paint behind.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Some people do it for the added protection against scuffs and what not as well. I've seen a lot of people with Xpel get sideswiped or something in a parking lot, and the scratches only got as far as into the paint protection film, so they were able to peel it off leaving fresh brand new untouched paint behind.
LOL, xpel ain't going to help damage from sideswiped.

Plus why invest in something you're just going to hand back.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page