Liberty Walk Lexus LC500 Is Wider Than Ever - Lexus LC500 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Liberty Walk Lexus LC500 Is Wider Than Ever

Known as the Japanese tuning company that produces wide body kits for an impressive lineup of exotic and performance vehicles, Liberty Walks has recently set their sights on the Lexus LC500 and came up with two bespoke widebody kits.

It all started back in 2008 with a Lamborghini Murciélago and the company has since branched out to models like the McLaren 650S, Lamborghini Aventador, Maserati GranTurismo and more.

With a rich history of adapting Japanese old-school "Bosozoku" style to new vehicles, Liberty has taken Lexus’ coupe in hand and added their iconic rivet-style flares. That’s not all, the kit also includes front, side and rear carbon diffusers, rear duckbill wing, blacked-out spindle grille, and a set of Advan wheels. Completing the look is a are quad exhaust tips and decorative decals and vinyl.

Those interested can order the kit without said decals, though AutoGuide says you’ll still be paying around $13,380 USD for the most basic kit. Both kits are offered in carbon fiber or fiberglass and the range-topping V1 wide-body kit will set you back $19,440 before shipping, though this may seem like a drop in the bucket considering the LC500 donor car starts at $92,000 and a fully spec'd model will cost in excess of $100,000.

Let us know what you think of their widebody kits below.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 01:04 PM
Ace

Not a fan of how choppy this makes the LC's design looks but no doubt there will be a market for it. On a GT cars with design as nice as this is, we need cleaner wide body kits/over fenders/and the like.
Looking forward to all the cleaner kits that will come to market eventually.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 10:50 AM

I hate stanced cars that are lowered more than they should be, to insensible levels. Everything about the Liberty Walk Lexus LC500 rubs me the wrong way, though I'm probably not the kind of person they're marketing to. MAybe someone will find those large side skirts and spoiler appealing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 01:02 PM

I don't have a problem with stanced cars that are simply lowered, but as soon as the wheels start to tip I'm out. It looks so ridiculous and weakens a cars performance in every way. I don't really mind the body kit, but it seems pretty expensive considering the modest changes. Suppose that's all relative to the cars initial price point. And who needs ground clearance anyways, its overrated.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klayton View Post
I don't have a problem with stanced cars that are simply lowered, but as soon as the wheels start to tip I'm out. It looks so ridiculous and weakens a cars performance in every way. I don't really mind the body kit, but it seems pretty expensive considering the modest changes. Suppose that's all relative to the cars initial price point. And who needs ground clearance anyways, its overrated.
Yes, because these are done for performance reasons :rollseyes: you do realize the car is bagged?!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 01:05 PM

My point was, why would you bother making such costly aftermarket modifications, that prevent you from using the car properly. Wasn't implying to take stanced cars to the track. And you do realize that this is just a rendering and not a real concept? It's all hypothetical anyways.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 03:31 PM
Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klayton View Post
My point was, why would you bother making such costly aftermarket modifications, that prevent you from using the car properly. Wasn't implying to take stanced cars to the track. And you do realize that this is just a rendering and not a real concept? It's all hypothetical anyways.
Why should everyone conform one way of using a product, where is the fun in that? Plus how many people use a car for what it was built for?
How will this limit someone who will be driving it where most owners will?... the answer is not at all
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 10:47 AM

So long as the vehicle is still road legal after getting stanced or modded, then all the power to them and their choices. I for one would prefer not to fear small inclines and what could happen to my bumpers going over them.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page