Posted Speed Limit? - Lexus LC500 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Question Posted Speed Limit?

Hello;
My first ever posting. Iím ready to upgrade my 2007 LS 460L. After hundreds u-tubes..., brochers etc. Iím absolutely hooked on the LC 500, my last ride.

The Lexus brochures referenced display of the ďposted speed limitĒ. Where would the speed limit be displayed? HUD, instrument cluster or infocenter screen?

Any help would be most appreciated,

Best wishes,

Duke
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 12:31 PM

The speed limit is displayed on the Navigation system-linked display area, think the Hud is just for you car's current speed.

Welcome to the forum! Have you had a chance to visit your local Lexus dealer yet?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 01:29 PM

Hey duke, welcome to the forum. That's quite from upgrade from your current Lexus. Guess we wont be able to say that we weren't sure of the posted limit when being pulled over for speeding aha. Haven't been able to find one with the build I'm looking for at a dealer yet. Any luck on your end?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

No Klaton, Iíve decided to wait until the 24 month rentals start coming in and pay cash if the markets donít crash. The earliest December or the following June. It will be infrared with the sport package glass, hud, Mark Levinson, and convenience upgrade. Canít wait....although the LS460L is a pretty cool ride.

Later

As for the hud, their are photos that Iíve seen that are projecting cruise speed 60 mph, tach at 2500 and another 60 mph which I can only guess is the posted speed?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

What does the posted speed limit look like Lexor? If you know how, can you send me a link or picture? With my less than perfect vision, Iím just trying to see if Iíll be able to see it before spending $ 100k on a car.

Best wishes,

Duke
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 02:00 PM

While I canít confirm that this is indeed the heads up display from the LC500, it seems to showcase the posted speed limit function. I know over the years that the heads up display has been slowly increasing in size, and hopefully we have some control over positioning and orientation.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchacm View Post
Hello;
My first ever posting. Iím ready to upgrade my 2007 LS 460L. After hundreds u-tubes..., brochers etc. Iím absolutely hooked on the LC 500, my last ride.

The Lexus brochures referenced display of the ďposted speed limitĒ. Where would the speed limit be displayed? HUD, instrument cluster or infocenter screen?

Any help would be most appreciated,

Best wishes,

Duke
Hi - the speed posting is also an option in the HUD display as well as navigation screen - hope you're enjoying the ride

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page