New Member - Lexus LC500 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-11-2021, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Smile New Member

Hi folks, Just joined the forum. Purchased my 2021 LC convertible last fall (just hit 8000kms yesterday). Never been much of a forum guy so apologies in advance for any forum etiquette missteps.

Really love the LC but am curious about the proper operation of the Cruise Control and am hoping to tap into your expertise. Seems to accelerate considerably when going down inclines (not too steep). Does downshift a bit but speed continues to increase. Yesterday set at 30mph and soon was at nearly 40 (speeding ticket territory). Some research I've done suggest speed is controlled by downshift (no auto braking) which might explain although the increase does seem rather excessive and not like my other vehicles (subaru and ford F350) that on the same stretch of road only gain about 1-2 Mph. Anyways appreciate any thoughts on this.

Cheers
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-14-2021, 06:31 PM

Hi I am a relatively new member also. I have a 2020 LC performance. I live in south Fla where hills don't exist but I don't think it should matter. In my opinion the car should keep a steady speed unless something is in front and then it paces itself nicely and will even stop. Speeding up just doesn't seem right at all. Bring it in and show them. I wouldn't use it personally till it is fixed. I would call it unintended active cruise control acceleration. Maybe its a thing.

Lee

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page