Any tips on getting a used LC 500? - Lexus LC500 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-15-2021, 03:18 AM Thread Starter

Any tips on getting a used LC 500?

Hi everyone,

My fiancée and I are shopping for a sporty-ish coupe in the $60k range. We’re looking for something that feels special to drive but can also be used on longer trips through the national parks and such. Not a track day toy nor a family truckster, if that makes sense.

We tried the BMW M440i and liked it OK, and we’re testing the Merc C43 (and C63) soon. A friend recommended I look into the LC, and the idea is growing on me, as I can find some decent used examples in the $60k range. I figure a Lexus with 20,000mi on the clock is less likely to have problems than a brand new AMG.

I was wondering if y’all had any advice for prospective owners like us - things you perhaps wish you knew in advance, or good places to find quality LC500s at a good price. I’m especially interested in your perspective if you’ve owned a sporty Merc or BMW and have thoughts about how these cars all compare. We’re located in WA state, if that makes any difference, and we’re not in a hurry.

Thanks in advance for any advice you have.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-05-2021, 11:56 PM

This is not a very active group. Try FB LC500 owners and LC500 club. Much more active.

I had an SL 55. Loved it. But by about 70,000 miles got fed up with getting dumped at the side of the road!! My 2012 Prius went 140,000 miles with just 1 $28 light bulb!! And you'll love driving the LC. Bob
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-03-2021, 01:53 PM

honestly, I would not like to get a used lc.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page