Cabin squeaking noise - Lexus LC500 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Cabin squeaking noise

Hi all,

About a couple of months ago, i noticed a squeaking sound when driving the car at low speed under acceleration, it is more prominent when going from stop to go. The sound seems to be coming from the back close to the brake light at the top or close to the C-pillar on the passenger side. I also noticed that the sound will be less prominent if under hot weather (i.e. the car under the strong sunlight for 2 hours plus). I suspect something is rubbing and when the car starts from stationary position, the motion causes the parts to rub against each other.

Is there anyone else experiencing this noise issue? Please share your experience and thank you in advance for your input and suggested remedy.

Thanks
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 12:15 PM
gvd

welcome to the cabin squeak club! while i do not have a solution for it, if you take a look at the other Lexus LC forum there is a lengthy thread titled "Slight Rattle Sound" where you can share your woes with many others complaining about this noise (i'll PM you the link). this is quite literally my only complaint on my own LC and i wish Lexus would get around to creating a TSB(?) for it.

edit - unable to PM but just google that thread title and you will find it

Last edited by gvd; 10-17-2018 at 12:17 PM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Thanks gvd. i found the thread and hope to solve the issue with the dealership.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Pang View Post
Thanks gvd. i found the thread and hope to solve the issue with the dealership.
Hey Steven,

I'm actually one of the posters of the "Slight Rattle Sound" thread on ClubLexus. I went through considerable testing with my dealer, with little to no solution as of yet. Apparently though, there is a user who made his own "homemade" solution by digging into the headliner and putting in some clips and t-shirt to add some space between the top brace and the clips.

I'm not saying that we should be doing that, but it's a start, and I have already pointed the head tech at my dealer to that thread so that he could thoroughly read through the steps and come up with a "factory" solution.

I hope that helps.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Hey GVD and gauanche2k9,

Great news! The dealership actually fixed my squeaky noise issue! After taking apart of the back seats, they were able to locate the sound and it was from the cross support that is located underneath the thigh (the metal bar on the left of the picture attached). They found the sound when the frame flex so they added insulation and tighten up a couple of bolts. So far so good! No more annoying squeaky sound. I thought the sound was high up but they checked the lining and the brake light and found no issues. Anyways, I am a very happy owner once again! Good luck with your fixes.

Cheers,
Steven
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Noise problem Nov 2018.jpg
Views:	973
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	507  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 02:05 PM
gvd

Steven, that's awesome news, i'm really glad you got it resolved and hopefully it hasnt come back. i admit cringe when i look at those pics, but i'm sure they are careful to put it back together so that it's good as new. i'd be interested to know which dealership fixed it, if only so i can point to it if my own is unable to resolve my issue. thanks for the update!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 10:45 PM

Steven,

Thank you very much for the update.

I'm glad that you had your issue fixed. I also had my back seats removed, but with no solution as of yet.

I will make sure to point the head tech at my dealer to this thread, along with the other one that I've already shown him.

Cheers
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

i live in Vancouver, BC, Canada. It was the North Shore Lexus that fixed my problem. Good luck with yours. Thanks
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 08:53 AM
jwr

Cabin Sueak

Took my LC500 in today for excessive squeaking, and got this from the dealer:
Bulletin Number: L-SB-0182-17
TSB: Some 2018 model year LC 500 and LC 500h vehicles may exhibit a condition in which a rattle noise occurs near the rear top mount center stop lamp area during operation. This condition is due to the housing and lens separation.
Ace and gvd like this.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 07:03 PM
Ace

How has everyone's experience been getting these issues resolved at their local Lexus dealers? I know its often very good but its not always the case.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page