Tall driver comfort - Lexus LC500 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Tall driver comfort

Hi All,
New to the forum and seriously considering the purchase of an LC500. Are there any tall owners out there? I am 6'5" tall. Back in 2010, I purchased a new Corvette ZR1. I still have it and it's the most fun car that I have ever owned. But, there just isn't enough head room for me with the seat all the way back and all the way down. Also, it's a "Corvette stiff ride" and my wife refuses to ride more than 10 miles in it and that is only if we are going to one of her favorite restaurants. She daily drives an RX350 and loves the Lexus brand. I am thinking win/win if the LC500 has a reasonably comfortable ride and room for me to fit comfortably in the driver's seat.
Thanks in advance for any responses to my concerns.
Pat C
PS-
We both think that it is one of the most beautifully elegant and sophisticated exterior designs anywhere to be found.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 11:13 AM

Tall Driver Comfort

I have had similar experiences to yours. I have had three Corvettes, my most recent one was a 2014 C7 Z51. The Corvette was a good looking car and fun to drive but I had some issues with it. My wife also complained about the rough and noisy drive of the Corvette compared to our RX350. I also did not appreciate the noisy ride and lack of dependability of the Corvette. On my C7 I had to replace the torque converter under warranty and the infotainment screen which was not under warranty.

I also have a Lexus RX350 which was my first Lexus which my wife and I thoroughly enjoy. I traded in my C7 on the LC500. I like the comfortable drive, quality, comfort, conveniences, sporting and touring nature of the LC 500. I get lot's of lookers at the car and many wonder what kind of car it is. I am not 6'5" but 6'1" and am very comfortable in the car. I think it is the best car I have ever had.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

I'm sold

Thank you for offering your thoughts. Based upon your comments I think the LC is going to be my ideal ride. I did have a chance to finally sit in the real thing yesterday at the Lexie dealer in Minneapolis. It fits my 6'5" frame like a glove (with the seat all the way back and all the way down and a bit of recline). The LC has about two more inches of headroom than the ZR1. The salesman offered a test drive but I was limited on time and will go back for sure. The interior and exterior finishes are exceptional. I am sold and now on the hunt for a great deal on a white/tan or platinum/black combo.
If there is anyone out there with that combo that desires a less comfortable but quite a bit faster and scarier ride, please contact me and we'll work a swap, with me throwing in some cash along with the ZR1. We own a very small used car store in Litchfield, MN and it is listed with pics and description. Minnesota Motorcars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 10:56 AM

Once you start the LC500 and drive it you will be sold on it. I was going to purchase the white with the blue interior or the platinum but when I went to the dealership to buy one it would have had to be ordered and it would have taken four months. They had a Structural Blue, the limited edition, on the showroom floor and it had the blue interior which I liked and I purchased it. I have received several comments "It is the most beautiful car I have ever seen." Good luck on your transactions.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2021, 09:43 PM

Interesting! I think the LC 500 is a great choice for big men based on your comments and advice. I would love to buy one, and I have already started looking for a used one. It is not easy to get a decent model that has not been damaged or has some other serious red flags. Most of these cars are way lower than the average price, and it makes sense. It comes down to finding the most important factors when choosing a car and how to apply them to your search and eventually your purchase. Maybe more people should give a read to these important points.

Last edited by Gascoigne; 06-08-2021 at 09:49 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2021, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

2 years later

I did find and purchase a beautiful 2018 white/toasted caramel/performance package LC with just under 2000 miles on it. We've had it now for 2 driving seasons, here in Minnesota. Perfect car for my 6'5" frame. Without question, the finest automobile that I have ever owned. It is indeed the perfect "old guy" (I'm 67) sports car. And, my wife loves everything about the car. I just did the Lexus Driving Experience at COTA, this year, and the LC is flat out unbelievable on the track. The LC is oh so much easier to manage, on the track, than was the ZR1 at Spring Mountain. We did about 30 or 40 laps on the main course in brand new fully loaded LCs, with the performance package, easily accelerating to 145 mph on the longest straight. And, the handling through the turns is spectacular. It was definitely a bucket list experience that I would recommend to anyone with the time to attend.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page