Key Fob Remote Start - Lexus LC500 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By DroMike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Key Fob Remote Start

Believe it or not, I only just yesterday discovered the LC 500 which seems to be the best amalgamation of luxury, elegance, performance and artistic beauty in an automobile for a very fair price. Having just retired and feeling my oats, I'm seriously considering purchasing one.

My current vehicle can be started remotely with my key fob. I understand there is an official "Lexus Enform" app that does this along with other features from your phone, or Echo device, etc. yet requires an $80/year subscription fee.

Conversely, I saw several videos that showed the key fob itself could perform a remote start of the vehicle via 3 pushes of the lock button. Can someone confirm this is this indeed something the LC 500's fob can do and that no extra fees are needed? Thanks! - Mike
robdinero likes this.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 08:22 AM

Well I'll be damned! You future owner have taught me current owner something new. I went out to the garage and tried hitting the lock button 3 times and the **** thing started, I had no idea and the dealer told me only way to start it is through the Enform app. I can confirm this works 100%. Now if I could only figure out how to keep it running when entering the car....
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 09:02 AM

Ok so with a little searching I found out the key fob is somehow linked to the Enform app. After your year of complimentary Enform the app and all of its features go bye bye including the ability of the key fob remotely starting the vehicle. You would need to start paying for the service to keep everything going. Sucks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 10:28 AM

Glad to hear you are contemplating the LC500 Mike. I hate when automakers restrict this functionality behind subscription pay walls. Miss the days when everything the car could do was enabled from factory indefinitely. Suppose you could always look into aftermarket remote starters if you have no interest in paying a monthly fee.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdinero View Post
After your year of complimentary Enform the app and all of its features go bye bye including the ability of the key fob remotely starting the vehicle.
Ha - chagrined! Why did life and a little experience tell me this was probably too good to be true? Still I'm glad you were able to corroborate this; just hope you don't blame me now for convincing you to pay for your post-trial Enform service. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonte View Post
Glad to hear you are contemplating the LC500 Mike. I hate when automakers restrict this functionality behind subscription pay walls.
Thanks Devonte. Otherwise, I also noticed there isn't just one subscription service, but several (3?). I guess I can afford to pay for it if I wanted but it's just the thought that the old "Give 'em the razor; sell 'em the blades" marketing strategy is still something a company foists on us when it's a thinly-veiled and shameful practice. It makes me think even briefly, "You know, there ARE other cars out there for sale."

Whining aside (and keeping an eye on the ball here) I still admit that this car is stunning and spectacular in every regard. BTW, thank you very much for your replies.

Last edited by DroMike; 02-26-2019 at 07:29 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page