Lexus customers are the most loyal among luxury brands - Lexus LC500 Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Xhilr8n!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Lexus customers are the most loyal among luxury brands

This is a very interesting thing to see, according to J.D. Power's new Automotive Brand Loyalty Study, Lexus owners are the most loyal among all luxury brands.

Quote:
New data from the first year of J.D. Power's new Automotive Brand Loyalty Study shows Lexus customers are, in fact, the most brand loyal. Toyota's luxury division topped the rankings with a 47.6 loyalty percentage. The results and final percent figures are based on the percentage of vehicle owners who choose the same brand when trading in or purchasing their next vehicle.

Lexus even managed to put some distance between itself and rivals. The runner-up, Mercedes-Benz, scored second place with 44.2 percent. The rest of the top five keep it far closer with BMW (43.6 percent), Porsche (43.5 percent), and Audi (43.3 percent) all within 1 percent of one another.

At the bottom of the list sits Jaguar (20.6 percent) along with Infiniti (32.1 percent) and Volvo (33.3 percent). Cadillac just broke out of the bottom three at 34.1 percent. The space between Jaguar and rivals is rather significant for the brand, which has struggled in recent years. Though, its cousin brand Land Rover is in sixth place behind Audi with a 40.3 loyalty percentage.

How long has everyone stuck with Lexus for? What is it about them that you think makes its customers so loyal?

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...-luxury-brands
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 01:43 PM

The LC is my first Lexus product and I must say I am highly inclined to buy another Lexus in the future. Reason being is the refinement of the LC is just as good or better than any other brand I've driven including Porsche, Benz etc. This car makes me excited to see how Lexus improves on this and other products to come, I am highly satisfied with my LC.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 03:17 PM
Ace

I know someone that bought an LS400 in the 90's and ever since has been buying ES and LS sedans, along with the RX for his wife.

They're just one of many folks I know that keep buying from Lexus.

Can't say the same of European brands.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 10:42 PM

A great proof of just how much Lexus customers like their Lexus, is how terribly ugly the front end is. Itís like they are showing off that people will buy them no matter what they look like.

The LC manages to make it work ok, but the sedans are hard to look at. The SUVs almost comical. We choose a Land Cruiser a few years back over the Lexus version. Easy choice after looking at the Lexus for two seconds. But people buy them nonetheless. I guess you donít have to see them while you are driving.
Ace and Jonesy91 like this.

1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special 3841R
2005 Lotus Elise, supercharged, full track
2011 Lotus Evora S Racing Heritage #3 of 4
2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed. Best car on the road.
2015 Toyota Tundra TRD PRO (our third Tundra tow vehicle)
2015 Honda Civic Si, great little daily
2019 Lexus LC 500, 2019 McLaren 570S Oh my!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhilr8n! View Post
A great proof of just how much Lexus customers like their Lexus, is how terribly ugly the front end is. Itís like they are showing off that people will buy them no matter what they look like.

The LC manages to make it work ok, but the sedans are hard to look at. The SUVs almost comical. We choose a Land Cruiser a few years back over the Lexus version. Easy choice after looking at the Lexus for two seconds. But people buy them nonetheless. I guess you donít have to see them while you are driving.
Yeah the Spindle Grille definitely has its limitations, especially on the SUVs. If only Lexus could reward this loyalty with a better front end design.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 03:56 PM
Ace

QUOTE=Xhilr8n!;13133]A great proof of just how much Lexus customers like their Lexus, is how terribly ugly the front end is. Itís like they are showing off that people will buy them no matter what they look like.

The LC manages to make it work ok, but the sedans are hard to look at. The SUVs almost comical. We choose a Land Cruiser a few years back over the Lexus version. Easy choice after looking at the Lexus for two seconds. But people buy them nonetheless. I guess you donít have to see them while you are driving.[/QUOTE]

Fortunately the LC and LS greatly improved the new design language. I even have issues with the LC's rear end but I'll leave that for another thread.

Lexus/Toyota makes up for it with suiting everyone's comfort level.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 07:30 PM

Click image for larger version

Name:	F295A18A-C9CF-43CC-B215-9E3A10C62AC4.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	627

1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special 3841R
2005 Lotus Elise, supercharged, full track
2011 Lotus Evora S Racing Heritage #3 of 4
2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed. Best car on the road.
2015 Toyota Tundra TRD PRO (our third Tundra tow vehicle)
2015 Honda Civic Si, great little daily
2019 Lexus LC 500, 2019 McLaren 570S Oh my!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2020, 01:18 AM

Bought my first es350 in 2010, smooth ride, nice daily with a bulletproof engine. 2nd Lexus is the 2018 lc500 and I love this car.The v8 rumble on the start the interior and attention to detail, this car is a dream.yes my next vehicle will be a Lexus.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page