Lexus LC500 Forum

Lexus LC500 Forum (https://www.lc500forum.com/forum/)
-   2017+ Lexus LC500 Versus The Competition (https://www.lc500forum.com/forum/201-2017-lexus-lc500-versus-competition/)
-   -   Lexus LC vs _______ ? (https://www.lc500forum.com/forum/201-2017-lexus-lc500-versus-competition/9178-lexus-lc-vs-_______.html)

robdinero 10-31-2019 10:30 PM

I cross shopped the LC and AMG and walked away with Lexus in the end. There where pros and cons to each vehicle but the pros for the Lex outweighed those of the Merc. In the past I had a Merc S550 and when running properly it was a dream to drive but had some gremlins that made for a few too many trips to the dealer. Not to say all Mercedes has problems but it is well documented who is consistently the king of reliability (Lexus) and who is mid pack (Mercedes). Men lie woman lie but numbers don't as the saying goes. Both cars look like spaceships on the road and will garner attention if thats your bag. The AMG pulls harder and faster but the Lex doesn't really leave you wanting and the soundtrack is sublime when running up the tach on each.
The AMG was a super tight fit for me at 6ft 2in 230lbs but the Lex is a perfect fit. Every ride is worry free and the Lex makes me feel special when I drive it, it was the sensible choice for me. Go drive them both and see which one feels right to you. Good luck!

flyguyskt 11-01-2019 01:44 PM

I plan to be testing them next weekend in Vegas. There are plenty of used examples there to test.
Pretty much sold on the Lexus up to about 95%.

Ravenred 11-05-2019 08:27 PM

I responded to your other thread with same title..lol.. I see multiple people here responded.. test drive an R8!!! it's an amazing car! Had an evora too.. . Wouldn't ever have that again either.
:-)

patc 11-06-2019 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robdinero (Post 13399)
I cross shopped the LC and AMG and walked away with Lexus in the end. There where pros and cons to each vehicle but the pros for the Lex outweighed those of the Merc. In the past I had a Merc S550 and when running properly it was a dream to drive but had some gremlins that made for a few too many trips to the dealer. Not to say all Mercedes has problems but it is well documented who is consistently the king of reliability (Lexus) and who is mid pack (Mercedes). Men lie woman lie but numbers don't as the saying goes. Both cars look like spaceships on the road and will garner attention if thats your bag. The AMG pulls harder and faster but the Lex doesn't really leave you wanting and the soundtrack is sublime when running up the tach on each.
The AMG was a super tight fit for me at 6ft 2in 230lbs but the Lex is a perfect fit. Every ride is worry free and the Lex makes me feel special when I drive it, it was the sensible choice for me. Go drive them both and see which one feels right to you. Good luck!

Same here on tall drivers, I am 6'5". Had a 2010 ZR1 and never did feel that there was enough room in that. The LC is quite generous with driver space. It is one of the only cars that I drive that I don't have the seat all the way back and reclined a bit. The ZR1 was a C6, the C7 corvettes were even tighter, and I am guessing that the new C8 mid-engine will be even smaller. But, with the LC, there are also hundreds of other reasons to not even consider another brand. It really is the perfect car for my purposes.

As an aside, flyguy, what do you fly? I'm a contract pilot flying a few different types of small jets. Flying analogy: the LC reminds me of a sleek newer generation Gulfstream, both inside and out. The AMG reminds me of a brutish old Lockheed Jet Star, at least on the outside (not that there's anything wrong with that).