Lexus LC500 Forum

Lexus LC500 Forum (https://www.lc500forum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.lc500forum.com/forum/6-new-member-introductions/)
-   -   new owner-female ..Hello! (https://www.lc500forum.com/forum/6-new-member-introductions/9815-new-owner-female-hello.html)

Ravenred 04-17-2019 01:37 PM

new owner-female ..Hello!

Hi is this just a boys club? are there any other females on this forum? :D
I'm a new owner and will have some questions for you guys soon!
:)

Liquid plat/Roja

robdinero 04-17-2019 07:50 PM

Welcome Ravenred, not sure if everyone here are guys but the usernames would suggest so. Nevertheless glad to have you amongst us!

Xhilr8n! 04-17-2019 10:23 PM

Hi. Were you on Lotustalk with an Evora a few years back?

Ravenred 04-18-2019 10:46 AM

wow, haha..yes, must have been 2013 ish? Gosh, i've had an AMG GTS, and 2 R8's since...lol...hated the lotus....i have been searching for the right amount of luxury and sport combined. (Audi had it but no place to service it locally) so....LC it is...:) Hello Xhilr8n! :) love that... How do you like your current car?

Xhilr8n! 04-18-2019 10:49 PM

Small world. I remember you were not around that forum too long.

I’m a Lotus die hard, all that. Not really excited about the 400 or 410 or I would have one now instead of the 500. Notice my avatar is at the Lotus dealer just down the street from the Lexus dealer.

I’ve also searched around for that combination of performance and luxury that fit just right. Had a Toyota Land Cruiser briefly but I need a real truck in the stable.

The Bentley is soooo awesome. So intelligent in design. Such power, amazingly smooth delivery. Really smart features everywhere. Nothing cheap or dumb.

But yesterday cruising in the LC back from an out of state Tennis match, I was impressed with the feeling of rock solid reliability. That means a lot.

Ravenred 04-19-2019 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xhilr8n! (Post 12681)
Small world. I remember you were not around that forum too long.

I’m a Lotus die hard, all that. Not really excited about the 400 or 410 or I would have one now instead of the 500. Notice my avatar is at the Lotus dealer just down the street from the Lexus dealer.

I’ve also searched around for that combination of performance and luxury that fit just right. Had a Toyota Land Cruiser briefly but I need a real truck in the stable.

The Bentley is soooo awesome. So intelligent in design. Such power, amazingly smooth delivery. Really smart features everywhere. Nothing cheap or dumb.

But yesterday cruising in the LC back from an out of state Tennis match, I was impressed with the feeling of rock solid reliability. That means a lot.

so that tells me you're content and happy with your purchase! awesome.....:) My evora was pretty but had so many fit and finish issues, constantly back for warranty work...plus there is zero luxury in them...zero, zip, none...lol... I almost got the new NSX, was so close and at the last minute i read something that said the interior of it looked like it came out of Target...and so much reference has been made about the LC interior...so, that did it for me. I choose the LC. Happy easter and have a great weekend. :)

Xhilr8n! 04-19-2019 06:30 PM

So what is your impression of these Lexus coupes? How long have you had yours? What color?

We never had a single issue with our Evora S other than developing a long clutch pedal periodically. The luxury in those cars is the remarkable handling, a supple yet very capable balance.

But as attention getting as the Lotus was, the Infrared LC seems to turn more heads.

To me, the Lotus was a more fun car, the Lexus more solid and usable. So much tech, but then 8 years newer.

Ravenred 04-30-2019 11:02 PM

So sorry! Been out of pocket..
Love the car, bought a certified used low miles one out of CA and had it shipped here.. it was damaged when loading so bad scrapes on underside of nose..have to take it for estimates and have transport insurance take care of it..made me sick.. ugh..
The car is fantastic ! I have only one complaint and one concern..complaint is that I park in a lot with curbs..I miss having a front view camera..seems the sensors don't pick up curbs so I have to back in everywhere which is ridiculous to me..for this price point, something should be there to guide you..I am so scared I will damage nose at some point.
Concern is I am hearing a "clunk" thud type of sound as I come to a stop somewhere.. it sounded like it came out of the trunk behind me..left side, I even opened the trunk to see if something was back there.... wth? What would make the thud/clunk sound?? Ugh..no where near a dealership and now it wants to make a noise after being sold to me as certified.. any ideas??

Ravenred 04-30-2019 11:09 PM

Oh and it's liquid platinum with the roja/loaded w performance and all goodies...I guess kinda common but it was my first choice..atomic/roja was second choice..

Xhilr8n! 05-01-2019 07:43 AM

I also am concerned about front end contact while parking. Have never had a sensor report being near a curb. I figured I have just not yet found where/how to activate it. This car is complex and some of the menus are awkward to navigate. I’ve not yet done a dedicated search for this.

Is it working for others?